• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake or real: Parthian Empire, Drachm - Osroes II
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It is not a Roman coin, not sure exactly where it is from but it looks mid eastern     
and even then I can’t be sure if it is genuine or not. Maybe one of the other members.  
can help more.

Edited by Greenstang

Posted (edited)

Hello and welcome to the forum. The coin you have posted is a restrike (counterfeit) of a coin from the Parthian Kingdom: Vologases VI AD 208-228, AR drachm (3.60g) Ekbatana. It's worth $2.00 as a restrike counterfeit. If it was real, it would be worth $110-$125 in VF- XF. Cheers!

41542793_1.jpg

41542793_2.jpg

Edited by Mike Meenderink

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 4:16 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. The coin you have posted is a restrike (counterfeit) of a coin from the Parthian Kingdom: Vologases VI AD 208-228, AR drachm (3.60g) Ekbatana. It's worth $2.00 as a restrike counterfeit. If it was real, it would be worth $110-$125 in VF- XF. Cheers!

41542793_1.jpg

41542793_2.jpg

Hi, thank you very much.
May I ask you if there's any particular characteristic that give that away? That "damage"at the upper side?
Isn't the image that you posted from a Osroes II coin?
https://www.parthika.fr/Inscriptions.html#haut
thanks
Júlio

Edited by blackfoxDJ

On 5/24/2024 at 8:20 AM, blackfoxDJ said:

Hi, thank you very much.
May I ask you if there's any particular characteristic that give that away? That "damage"at the upper side?
Isn't the image that you posted from a Osroes II coin?
https://www.parthika.fr/Inscriptions.html#haut
thanks
Júlio

I would also like to know what gave it away as a restrike. Thank you