• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charmy's 2024 CENTRAL STATES NUMISMATIC SOCIETY (CSNS) Coin Show Report w/tons of Pics!
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Power, what specific coins were you trying to sell and did not receive what you consider a fair price on ? :(

And I'm a bit confused....why was what you were looking to sell given such lousy bids ?  Why are the Greysheet's prices so far off online prices in your view ? :o

This is totally new to me.  I knew prices varies source-to-source, but nothing like the % you imply. :frustrated:

Powermad5000, my show report thread is NOT the place to air your grievances about dealers, coins, prices, etc. I respectfully ask you to please start your OWN thread if you wish to discuss these issues any further. Thank you.

Kind of nice to have just the file names so we can scroll through and select just the subjects of interest.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:45 PM, The Penny Lady said:

Powermad5000, my show report thread is NOT the place to air your grievances about dealers, coins, prices, etc. I respectfully ask you to please start your OWN thread if you wish to discuss these issues any further. Thank you.

As a member, I wanted you to know that for those of who cannot indulge in your pursuits, just how much we appreciate living through your experiences vicariously.  There are those of us who really look forward to receiving your latest on-site reporting.  It's an awful lot of work and I truly believe you've outdone yourself this time. P.S.  Thanks for including Penny in your itinerary.  She is truly gorgeous.

Posted (edited)

Charmy, did you and other dealers see more traffic/volume compared to previous CSNS shows (or recent shows like FUN/Long Beach)....or did you see more spending from similar traffic as before ?  :taptaptap:

My astronomy club had our annual space expo a few weeks ago...attendance down (because of the Total Solar Eclipse) and some vendors were wary....but many had their best weekend in years as even reduced sales volumes were offset by much larger purchases.  One vendor told me she did more than the previous 2 shows combined and was wondering on set-up Friday if she should have even come this year !xD(thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969

Posted (edited)

I would think that attendance and spending should be UP because of the post-Covid effect we have seen elsewhere (such as in my other hobby, astronomy).   Some of you have no idea what has happened with attendance at star parties for example -- it's nuts !! :o

Hopefully, we see a slower gradual boost to our little niche. (thumbsu

Edited by GoldFinger1969