• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not That I Mind ... But Why Do a Few of My Recently Entered Coins Show CAC Green Beans While Most Do Not?

3 posts in this topic

I haven't participated on these boards much for years, until recently when I decided to list my Toned Lincolns and some nice gold type coins. From reading older CAC-related posts, I understand that the NGC Registry no longer has the capability to look up and see which newly added coins have CAC approval. Nonetheless, a few of my coins in the inventory list that I can see show CAC green beans. Not that I mind ... but why do they show them when many others do not? What is the difference that makes this happen? As an excellent example, I have a 1911-S Lincoln MS65BN PCGS CAC, cert # 81849610, which shows the green bean. Yet I have an even nicer 1911-S, MS66BN PCGS CAC, cert # 44929830, where the CAC green bean does not show (except on my own homemade shot which I posted). Explain please? Thanks for any info.

Kind regards,

George

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 5:31 AM, VDBCoins said:

I haven't participated on these boards much for years, until recently when I decided to list my Toned Lincolns and some nice gold type coins. From reading older CAC-related posts, I understand that the NGC Registry no longer has the capability to look up and see which newly added coins have CAC approval. Nonetheless, a few of my coins in the inventory list that I can see show CAC green beans. Not that I mind ... but why do they show them when many others do not? What is the difference that makes this happen? As an excellent example, I have a 1911-S Lincoln MS65BN PCGS CAC, cert # 81849610, which shows the green bean. Yet I have an even nicer 1911-S, MS66BN PCGS CAC, cert # 44929830, where the CAC green bean does not show (except on my own homemade shot which I posted). Explain please? Thanks for any info.

Kind regards,

George

Hi George, while I cannot be sure the one possible reason I can think of is that those coins which do show the bean were likely part of someone's set when NGC did recognize the beans.  So the system already has that data in memory for that coin.

Edited by Coinbuf