• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5 Coin NGC Holder For A Washington W Quarter Series
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have each of the 5 W Washington Quarters for the 2019 series. I believe they would grade at least MS-65's.  Would it be worth submitting them for graded and slabbed in a 5 coin holder?

Hi tj!  :hi:

First, an overview...  2M of the 5-coin 2019-W series were minted for each of the coins designed for a total of 10M pieces.  Anything made in the millions isn't rare, but they are the scarcest of the 2019 quarters.  What bothers me about this quintet is the large price spread of anywhere from $162.00 to $6,250.

I would expect any recenly minted coin to be in Mint State condition but with the grades being unknowns (presumably MS-65s) and all five to be graded and placed in one oversized holder, not to mention submission costs, I do not know whether the undertaking would be cost-effective. My sidekick, Ricky, and I have a difference of opinion on this...

🐓 :  My feeling is if the coins were of MS-67 caliber, it would be worth the costs of submission and not a soul on the Forum would discourage you from proceeding with your plans.

So, to submit or not to submit at or about that grade level is the question. Any chance you can post the coins here and get a preliminary analysis of each of the coins' states of preservation before you embark on your venture? I personally believe it would be helpful to get as many opinions, from as any members as you can  before you commit yourself.  Best of luck, buddy!  (thumbsu

I could post pictures.  I first need to calculate the total fees of what the grading, a 5 coin holder and shipping/insurance will be.

On 5/7/2024 at 9:08 AM, tj96 said:

I could post pictures.  I first need to calculate the total fees of what the grading, a 5 coin holder and shipping/insurance will be.

...im not sure that ngc even does the multiple coin holders any more...my poor memory tells me that they discontinued this service some years ago....

On 5/7/2024 at 8:08 AM, tj96 said:

These 5-coin holder offers are limited to bulk purchases and purchasers. 

On 5/7/2024 at 11:18 AM, VKurtB said:

These 5-coin holder offers are limited to bulk purchases and purchasers. 

Is that written anywhere on their submission forms?

Multi-coin holders are "only available for select bulk submissions of certain coin types" upon confirmation with NGC Customer Service. See NGC Coin Holders | Holders for Coin Protection | NGC.  The submission form allows the selection of "oversize", "thick", or "mega" holders but not "multi-coin" holders.