• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade Privately Minted / Other Collectible Non-Currency Coins?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I like to collect non-currency privately minted coins - for example, https://www.shirepost.com/collections/mistborn.

While I understand these coins may not be worth the cost of grading - I'd like them to be - so they are consistent with my graded coins & for protection. I'm wondering whether NGC does offer a service for these kinds of coins.

I see examples such as https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/6849095-025/66/, which suggests that NGC may consider grading coins like this—but I'm unsure if this was a special case or discontinued service.

Kind regards,

Alex

Do you want them "graded" or just put into protective holders that are similar to other holders in your collection?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

This question would be better posted in the Ask/NGC section of the forum. Also, it might be necessary to give NGC customer service a call and describe it to them for a answer.

I honestly do not know the answer to this particular question. Being they grade all kinds of Exonumia, I don't see why not, but it would be prudent to check with them first.

Edited by powermad5000

If it's in a recognized "reference", NGC will be more likely to grade it.  I own two retro dated "British" crowns in NGC holders, which I submitted myself.  I believe are in Krause.