• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to Get New Serial Numbers
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I have a few NGC slabbed coins (mostly shipwreck certified) I purchased over the years. I want to submit them to NGC for regrading, upgrading their holders, and new labels. I also want to have their serial numbers updated to reflect the submission numbers I submitted them under and not retain their previous submitter's serial number. Basically, I want them to be under my serial number and not the previous owner's. Getting new holders and labels is easy, but is there a special request I can make to get updated serial numbers?

Thanks!

Robert

• Administrator

Hello @Dr RAR, thank you for contacting us. Hope you are doing well! The certificate number is a reference to when the coins were originally certified, so if you send them in for reholder, they will retain the original certificate number. The only way to receive a "new" certificate number for these coins would be to submit them for grading once again. If you choose this option, please ensure that any necessary COA or documentation is included with the coins.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

Thank you for the quick response @KaileeS CS! If I resubmit for regrading as intact, previously certified coins (still in their holders), do I still need to submit the documents or COAs still since the coins were not removed from their NGC Holders? By doing this, will a new verification number be issued since it's being regraded?

• Administrator

Hello @Dr RAR, thank you for your reply! I actually had spoken with my accounts manager on this, and they advised that we do indeed have a way to create a new certificate number. I am so sorry for the original misinformation provided! They advised that if you submit the coins for a reholder service and write in the comments "Sequential reholder", the coins can be reholdered with a new certificate number assigned. We hope this helps!

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!

Thank you @KaileeS CS for your help and insight! So to confirm, just adding "Sequential Reholder" on the line item will guarantee me the new certification number (associated with the form number) as well as a new holder correct? Also, for the shipwreck certification coins, I won't be required to submit COAs as they were already certified correct?

On 5/1/2024 at 12:06 PM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @Dr RAR, thank you for your reply! I actually had spoken with my accounts manager on this, and they advised that we do indeed have a way to create a new certificate number. I am so sorry for the original misinformation provided! They advised that if you submit the coins for a reholder service and write in the comments "Sequential reholder", the coins can be reholdered with a new certificate number assigned. We hope this helps!

Hello

My submission from grading back to Scheduled for Grading yesterday . Can I know the reason?

• Administrator

Hello @Johnny.L, thank you for contacting us.  Unfortunately, we have been experiencing some issues with our server.  As a result, some features on the website may not have been displayed properly. This could have included features like order submission and tracking. Everything should be back up and running normally now. Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue. For now, your coins have been graded and are in the encapsulation room.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you! 

On 5/2/2024 at 10:43 AM, Dr RAR said:

Thank you @KaileeS CS for your help and insight! So to confirm, just adding "Sequential Reholder" on the line item will guarantee me the new certification number (associated with the form number) as well as a new holder correct? Also, for the shipwreck certification coins, I won't be required to submit COAs as they were already certified correct?

@KaileeS CS Just wanted to confirm this information before I submit my coins this week. Thanks again for your help!

• Administrator

Hello @Dr RAR, sorry about the late reply on this! Yes, you would not need to send in the COAs for coins that are being reholdered. We only need those for coins that are being freshly graded.