• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bicentennial D Quarter D Mintmark - Any value?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

The 1976-D Bicentennial quarter had a mintage of over 860 million pieces, and many were saved as novelties. They have no collector value in any circulated grade.  The one you found has only light wear, and you can, of course, save it if it interests you.

Welcome to the Chat Board

To answer your question, it has a value of 25 cents.   
Just too many of them produced to have any premium when circulated.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

While your Bicentennial Quarter looks to have nice surfaces and very little wear for a circulation find, as stated, the high mintage number and the fact that this was the first change to the design since its inception in 1932, many collectors saved pristine specimens of these coins and stored them, sometimes by the roll. This coin does not add any value until it is in uncirculated condition and even then at entry MS grades may only add about twice its face value. It does not gain any type of premium until grades of MS65 which only adds a slight premium. Modest premium goes to grades above that and only superb gem BU specimens of the highest grade gain significant premium as those are sought by collectors for registry competition sets.

I save every one of these I get no matter how poor the condition is and have a bag of over 200 of them, but most of them do not look as nice as the one you have. I would keep it in a 2x2 cardboard flip or put it in an album if I were in your shoes.