• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1917 f nickel mint mark s
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I got this coin a few days ago. It’s so sad that it’s in a bad shape, although it would look nice in my collection. I got 3 coins in total of this kind but on the other two the date isn’t very visible. What do you guys think ? Should I keep it?? image.thumb.jpg.1b76bfa08ac98299a30e4c3e7f5e32e2.jpg

image.jpg

In order for the members here to give you proper assessments of your posted coins, in the future, please post fully cropped, clear, and properly oriented photos of the coin. We don't need to see the background or most of the holder that the coin sits in. In your posted photos here, the coin is too far away and too small for us to be able to see what may be necessary details of possibly a scarce variety such as if it were a 1918/7 variety.

We can only help you properly based on what you provide us in your query. If we get far away photos of poor quality, then our assessments might not actually be accurate because there is something we cannot see or we might miss a critical detail on your coin.

This coin has been acid etched, which brought back some of the details, such as the bison's horn, which had probably worn away, but which is regarded as a severe impairment and wouldn't be saleable to serious collectors. You should buy coins in the best condition that you can afford.