• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 legged nickel b/c-25 got 6 points
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I assume that your question is, "Does a VF 25 1937-D 3-legged Buffalo nickel receive 6 points in the NGC Registry?"  The answer is "yes, in a type set." Type sets are scored solely on the type of the coin, its grade, and whether it was made in circulation strike or proof format.  Any circulation issue 1913-38 "Variety 2" Buffalo nickel graded Very Fine would receive 6 points in a type set. I assume that you used the coin to fill a slot in a type set.

In a date and mint set, such as Buffalo Nickels 1913-1938, Complete Circulation Issue Sets | NGC Registry | NGC (ngccoin.com), where the rarity of the specific issue counts, the 1937-D 3-legged Buffalo is worth 1531 points in Very Fine grade.

On 4/24/2024 at 6:53 PM, Steve Passmore said:

I just figured a 670 dollar coin would do better I seen somewhere points were 600 

On 4/24/2024 at 7:12 PM, Steve Passmore said:

In the NGC register it says it should be 820

You seem rather confused on registry points, and it is registry not register, (this is not a place to shop for wedding gifts).   Can you provide a link to where you found the point totals you claim here?   In the future it might be a good idea to know what points a coin is worth for the set you intend to use it for before you buy said coin.

Edited by Coinbuf

If you look up the coin on NGC it says a 3 legged nickel vf is worth 700$ 820 points    I have 357 coins in the NGC registry they are making a mistake on my pcgs graded coin just took me a minute figure it  I appreciate your smart answer 

You are apparently looking at the score shown on the NGC Coin Explorer, but on the set I linked, a VF example is listed at 1531 points under the "Eligible Coins" listing.

If you think that the score you received should be increased, you may request a score correction as shown in the following topic on the Registry forum:

You may be able to find answers to other questions on the Registry forum, including in the section entitled "NGC Registry Help and Instructions".  You may also want to post questions about the Registry on the forum for answers from the Administrator, who monitors it.

• Administrator
On 4/24/2024 at 8:36 PM, Steve Passmore said:

Does vf- 25 3 legged nickel get 6 points on register 

Hello, @Steve Passmore.

Please follow the directions if you need a score correction.

The Coin Explorer website does not necessarily display the latest values. Please go to the specific NGC Registry set in question if you wish to view the points a coin receives in a certain set. Also, please note, a NGC Registry coin score is never guaranteed. Points may and often do fluctuate over time. A change may be an increase or a decrease. Thank you.