• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1955 ddo bn new photo
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I apologize for wasting your time a couple of days ago with bad photos. I'm not sure if these new photos will change anything but these are better pics, hope you can see them well. Thank you

20240422_193852.jpg

20240422_193915.jpg

Thank you for the better photos. Now that they are not blurry, I am not seeing any form of doubling on obverse of this cent. What are you seeing that makes you think this is a DDO? You might have to provide clear closeups of what you are referring to. I would say if you are seeing some slight form of secondary doubling with the coin in hand, it most surely would be some form of limited strike/mechanical doubling.

Better, but still not in sharp focus, that is not a knock as coin photography is not easy.   But I still do not see any significant die doubling, it for sure is not DDO-1 or DDO-2 as both of those have large spreads that would be very easy to see.