• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 SMS Kennedy Half dollar
2 2

64 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2024 at 12:32 PM, VasquezJ said:

Still not convinced?

Definitely not. I respect your desire and hope for being lucky enough to have managed to have one land in your lap, I have to say that I don’t believe you have one my friend and if you do, it certainly isn’t the one you are claiming is one.

On 4/20/2024 at 12:07 PM, VasquezJ said:

All coins are 1964 Kennedy half dollar coins but the coin on top is the 1964 SMS Special Strike and the 2 on bottom are the regular business strike coins. 

IMG_7123.jpeg

Of the three coins posted, you’d have a better chance at claiming the one on the bottom left is a SMS than the one on the top (even though I don’t think any of them are. As a matter of fact I can tell you for a fact none of them are). The 1964 SMS has a satin like appearance with die polishing marks, is non reflective, lacks contact marks and the strike is very sharp with very clear details on both sides as well as a crisp and sharp squared rim. There is also a defect on the crosslet of the 4 on all but 1 of the known examples (which is the SP69). 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but good luck on your grading. Maybe we’re all wrong 🤷🏼‍♀️

Appreciate your response and I mean you guys are the experts but just figured after I looked closely at the coin just thought it was the coin but I mean if it’s not, it’s not, no worries. 

On 4/30/2024 at 4:19 PM, VasquezJ said:

Appreciate your response and I mean you guys are the experts but just figured after I looked closely at the coin just thought it was the coin but I mean if it’s not, it’s not, no worries. 

You should have said that long ago. Instead you had to throw out insults to the members here that were trying to help you. 

On 4/30/2024 at 4:19 PM, VasquezJ said:

You have neglected to post your name and your results from your $1,700,000.00 dollar one cent coin. Please do so now. Thank you.

Michael Lockwood