• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Error
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Thank you. I have quite a few coins. I just don't take the time to go through them. 

I like to bring all my coins out every now and then and see if I can find something new. Seem like I find something different ever tme.

You kiddin' me?  What find? I'm from the "Show Me" state. Remove that silly putty and Show Me/Us the date!  And show me the reverse!  Is this a silver quarter or a clad?  And FOCUS the camera properly!  It ain't an error until the Forum votes it is, unanimously, to a man!

Well there was a bunch of post and pictures. I think one of the members got but hurt because I called him out for acting like a butt. 

I reload some of the pictures. That crybaby said something about working for a congressman when I called him out. 

Here are the pictures.

20240411_190210.jpg

This IS a nice find. That’s what makes it exceptional, for you and just about everyone else with “errors” which are not. 

Like for example the thread titled, “Unique / Odd 1981 Dime”, or “1966 Washington Quarter Dollar Error”, or your thread about the nickel and dime mashup.  

Edited by VKurtB

So now we have two separate posts on the same coin.   
Not surprisingly the answer is the same on both. A cud from a broken die.

On 4/12/2024 at 6:51 PM, Greenstang said:

So now we have two separate posts on the same coin.   
Not surprisingly the answer is the same on both. A cud from a broken die.

It’s an actual error so maybe it’s okay to count it as 2. 

Yes one of the other members said he could not see all the pictures from the other post so I reposted so he could see them.

I DO understand your frustration with coin photography. It is NOT as easy as some would suggest. Many phones cannot do “macro” well enough, and trying to shoot from a monitor screen is a fool’s errand. It IS possible to “gear up” for coin photography, but it is seldom inexpensive. I may get frustrated with blurry photos, but I’ll never assume that it is easy or cheap.

I just don't have the equipment to do it. I can't hold the camera still. I have a scope but it doesn't extend high enough. I think can get it higher to take a better picture.

I have a wheat penny that I think is an error. I could be on the wrong planchet but I need to get some scales the weight it. It doesn't look the same as the rest of the pennies.

On 4/12/2024 at 10:38 PM, Robertdpg said:

I just don't have the equipment to do it. I can't hold the camera still. I have a scope but it doesn't extend high enough. I think can get it higher to take a better picture.

I have a wheat penny that I think is an error. I could be on the wrong planchet but I need to get some scales the weight it. It doesn't look the same as the rest of the pennies.

Don’t get caught up on “different”. As for photography, I CAN set up for good coin photos but what a pain in the 🫏 it is! I have a lesser iPhone and I am NOT going to spend what it takes to get a macro photography capable iPhone. I seldom talk on the phone anymore because of the commercial spam. I would never do anything but change my auto insurance or buy a new Medigap plan. Work with what you have. You will discover some tweaks.