• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gold coins
1 1

21 posts in this topic

You must submit them in different submissions. 1 World coin submission and 1 US coin submission. They must be on separate submission numbers and sent to different places within NGC. See: How to Submit Coins / Details on the NGC website.  

Edited by Mike Meenderink

What do you expect to gain from doing this --- other than exposing your coins to contamination?

On 4/8/2024 at 4:29 PM, RWB said:

What do you expect to gain from doing this --- other than exposing your coins to contamination?

Roger this may be NUNYA. (see next post for translation for those over 50)

NUNYA : Slang / None ya business. (None of your business: proper) Used in a sentence:  "Where I get my stuff is NUNYA so step off."  Hope we all learned something today. Peace out as the kids say....

On 4/8/2024 at 5:18 PM, Roy Winters said:

I have older gold coins from america and newer from canada and china.  when I submit them for grading, can i do them all on one form or does it have to be split it to american and world?

I'd add CAC stickers if there high end or rare.

On 4/8/2024 at 5:17 PM, murder69 said:

I'd add CAC stickers if there high end or rare.

Would you? How many stickers do you have? Do you know how to add them properly? I'd like some stickers and help with putting on CAC stickers.

So much thtupid. So little time.

You’ve been seduced by the dork side of the farce, young Paducan. 

Edited by VKurtB

You can't get CAC stickers anymore as far as I know. The slabs that were stickered were done before CACG grading began. As far as I know if you want a CAC green bean you have to submit the coins directly to CACG for grading and the bean will be printed on the label inside the slab if I am not mistaken. Maybe I am totally wrong, but I know there are some members on here who know the correct info here. I am not participating in the CACG program so I don't know for sure, but I know that things changed when they started doing their own TPG grading.

Can you still get a green bean sticker on say an old NGC slab or would it have to now be regraded by CACG to get a green bean?

On 4/8/2024 at 8:59 PM, powermad5000 said:

You can't get CAC stickers anymore as far as I know. The slabs that were stickered were done before CACG grading began. As far as I know if you want a CAC green bean you have to submit the coins directly to CACG for grading and the bean will be printed on the label inside the slab if I am not mistaken. Maybe I am totally wrong, but I know there are some members on here who know the correct info here. I am not participating in the CACG program so I don't know for sure, but I know that things changed when they started doing their own TPG grading.

Can you still get a green bean sticker on say an old NGC slab or would it have to now be regraded by CACG to get a green bean?

Yes we all know that but does Murder69? I think not. And to my knowledge you can no longer have green beans (good because they give me gas anyway) the coin gets put in a CACG holder with the bean built in ..how quaint.

On 4/9/2024 at 9:17 AM, Roy Winters said:

wow that went down a dark hole. LOL  thank you all for your input, as far as why, cause i want to.  

Roy, they're your coins, absolutely.  However....do you think it is financially WORTHWHILE to do so -- are the coins holding numismatic value or are they just common bullion with a minor premium ? :o

You still might want them certified/protected if they have sentimental value, but if they are common gold coins in AU or EF condition, might not be worth it.  Just be aware. (thumbsu 

What coins are we talking about ?  Any pics ?

Edited by GoldFinger1969

Thank you to everyone for providing me the CAC info. Good to know.

My apologies to the OP for the additional chatter I created on his post. I felt it relevant however to make that part clear to all.

As far as it goes @Roy Winters, it doesn't matter the why you want to submit what you want to submit. It is your $$. Just as it is anyone else. I have submitted many things others would say I just wasted my money on, but it is my money and I can burn it if I want to although I would never do that because I need it for more coins. LOL! The thing about this hobby is we are all free to collect what we want to and do whatever we want with the coins we have collected. Have at it is my opinion!