• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you like movies that have coins as part of the story? This is one you can watch with your wife!
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I don’t want my wife watching movies about coins …. That’s my personal hobby none of her business … HA ! I wouldn’t want to sit down watch a movie about sewing and plant collecting that’s her hobby 

Edited by Jason Abshier

On 4/4/2024 at 9:48 AM, Jason Abshier said:

I don’t want my wife watching movies about coins …. That’s my personal hobby none of her business … HA ! I wouldn’t want to sit down watch a movie about sewing and plant collecting that’s her hobby 

The movie is a love story romance its not just about coins.

On 4/5/2024 at 2:08 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

The movie is a love story romance its not just about coins.

I might have seen this movie , it the one where kid found some kind of “mule” cent or nickel something like that … Then him and his dad started coin collecting after that ,  his dad was some kind of coin dealer or collector?some guy who suffered from dementia , the Kid grew up joined military went on deployment ….I believe I may have watched that movie once 

another movie about some coins in few scenes is the movie names a “Dog’s purpose” my and I watched it few years back… where a dog is reborn over and over again in different generations over time , in the one part the kid was showing a friend his father’s coin collection as he was showing his friend a St. Guadens double eagle his Father had in his collection he dropped it on floor and dog ate it 😂 … one evening his father had guest over the house , his father loved his coin collection very much he wanted to show his guest , somehow the kid managed to get dog outside to do his business he found the coin and snuck it back into his father’s coin case … funny scene , also sad at end of each era’ when dog passed on was reborn into another generation and another era as puppy with another new owner … I provided YouTube link to coin part of the coin scene 

Edited by Jason Abshier

On 4/5/2024 at 2:25 AM, Jason Abshier said:

I might have seen this movie , it the one where kid found some kind of “mule” cent or nickel something like that … Then him and his dad started coin collecting after that ,  his dad was some kind of coin dealer or collector?some guy who suffered from dementia , the Kid grew up joined military went on deployment ….I believe I may have watched that movie once 

another movie about some coins in few scenes is the movie names a “Dog’s purpose” my and I watched it few years back… where a dog is reborn over and over again in different generations over time , in the one part the kid was showing a friend his father’s coin collection as he was showing his friend a St. Guadens double eagle his Father had in his collection he dropped it on floor and dog ate it 😂 … one evening his father had guest over the house , his father loved his coin collection very much he wanted to show his guest , somehow the kid managed to get dog outside to do his business he found the coin and snuck it back into his father’s coin case … funny scene , also sad at end of each era’ when dog passed on was reborn into another generation and another era as puppy with another new owner … I provided YouTube link to coin part of the coin scene 

This movie is really good. Its special for pet owners that really love their animals...like me

On 4/5/2024 at 4:25 AM, Jason Abshier said:

Why would a dog have a porpoise?

On 4/7/2024 at 10:53 PM, VKurtB said:

Why would a dog have a porpoise?

If you watch the movie , you’ll see the dog was reborn numerous time he was born a different breed every time , in fact one time he was born as German Shepard his purpose was to be K-9 working dog … through the movie he had differnt roles in life but mainly he came into someone’s life then he would die by old age leaving that person with a broken heart … in the end of movie he was reborn one more last time he reunited with his original owner from years and years ago …. Somehow his owner knows it’s him in a different type of a breed but it still same dog way it acts the owner quickly recognizes it 

Anyone into horror movies?  … Leprechaun is the name of movie there’s like 1-3 parts of movie series … creepy little Leprechaun dude he hunts down people who steal his gold shillings … not really scary ! Although funny in some parts when he’s asking people “where’s me coin? , where’s my gold shilling?” Through out the movies it based around his shillings you see his gold coins several times in the movie 

On 4/4/2024 at 7:48 PM, Jason Abshier said:

Mine wouldn't even get interested even if I showed her ten movies. I'd probably have to persuade her to watch movies first :grin: