• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1995 W Silver 🦅 is this a 🔑 date
1 1

53 posts in this topic

🐓:  Where do you stand on that '95-W ASE, Q? 

Q.A.:  I am going to guess this is one of the very few coins minted in low numbers that have all survived, if not individually accounted for.  In my lifetime, there were basically only two rarities, dictated by mintages and/or grade.  The 95-W is what I regard as a "premeditated production rarity."  It's rarity was "manufactured." It's initial distribution was "restricted." Like it or not, it is a genetic showpiece.  It was not produced for circulation; there weren't even enough made for collectors.  It was a key date in the year it was minted.  It shall remain a key date for the foreseeable future.

On 3/31/2024 at 8:36 PM, Henri Charriere said:

🐓:  Where do you stand on that '95-W ASE, Q? 

Q.A.:  I am going to guess this is one of the very few coins minted in low numbers that have all survived, if not individually accounted for.  In my lifetime, there were basically only two rarities, dictated by mintages and/or grade.  The 95-W is what I regard as a "premeditated production rarity."  It's rarity was "manufactured." It's initial distribution was "restricted." Like it or not, it is a genetic showpiece.  It was not produced for circulation; there weren't even enough made for collectors.  It was a key date in the year it was minted.  It shall remain a key date for the foreseeable future.

Finally someone who spoke nothing but facts I like to say of all the comments and opinions made this was the Best explanation of them all with that said Thanks for your  assessment of 1995 W  I appreciate you and the others who helped  with there opinions I appreciate you all and so will others who read this chat wow this was a Hot Topic we all are not going to agree on everything but i hope everyone got something from all the comments  my opinions is this 1995 W  is rare because no matter how many certification it’s held a good market value regardless of numbers of certified coins and there are no other silver eagle 🦅 have done this in the history of silver eagle 🦅  in the last 40 years    so no matter what happens in the future it the G.O.A.T peridot. no matter what the value holds in the future it’s only 30000 of these coins  I so glad I purchased the sets in 1995 I have 2 certification  silver  eagle  what a feeling 🤣😆🤣🤣🤣

On 4/1/2024 at 3:25 AM, bobbyboshay said:

Finally someone who spoke nothing but facts I like to say of all the comments and opinions made this was the Best explanation of them all ....    

[TO MY LEGIONS OF DETRACTORS, @zadokCHIEF AMONG THEM... IT GIVES ME GREAT PLEASURE TO PRESENT TO YOU A SINCERE, NO-HOLDS-BARRED COMPLIMENT FROM A MEMBER WHOSE TENURE HERE PRECEDES MINE, AND NOT A FEW OTHER MAJOR CONTENDERS.  

TO THE OP:  BY VIRTUE OF YOUR LONGEVITY HERE, IT IS ALL THE MORE REMARKABLE YOU WOULD RISK YOUR REPUTATION AND CREDIBILITY TO CONCUR WITH SOMETHING I HAVE WRITTEN.

YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF A NUMBERED HISTORICAL ARTIFACT. I DO HOPE YOU, AND YOUR HEIRS, FULLY APPRECIATE THE SIGNIFICANCE OF WHAT YOU HAVE AND TREASURE IT ALWAYS!] 🐓 

(Posted at the discretion of Moderation.)

On 4/1/2024 at 9:57 AM, Henri Charriere said:

[TO MY LEGIONS OF DETRACTORS, @zadokCHIEF AMONG THEM... IT GIVES ME GREAT PLEASURE TO PRESENT TO YOU A SINCERE, NO-HOLDS-BARRED COMPLIMENT FROM A MEMBER WHOSE TENURE HERE PRECEDES MINE, AND NOT A FEW OTHER MAJOR CONTENDERS.  

TO THE OP:  BY VIRTUE OF YOUR LONGEVITY HERE, IT IS ALL THE MORE REMARKABLE YOU WOULD RISK YOUR REPUTATION AND CREDIBILITY TO CONCUR WITH SOMETHING I HAVE WRITTEN.

YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF A NUMBERED HISTORICAL ARTIFACT. I DO HOPE YOU, AND YOUR HEIRS, FULLY APPRECIATE THE SIGNIFICANCE OF WHAT YOU HAVE AND TREASURE IT ALWAYS!] 🐓 

(Posted at the discretion of Moderation.)

...well it is april first...n there is no limit to the number of fools out there...stands to reason a few would show up today, unfortunately some show up every day...but then again a few do live in the shallow end of the gene pool....

On 4/1/2024 at 1:20 PM, zadok said:

...well it is april first...n there is no limit to the number of fools out there...stands to reason a few would show up today, unfortunately some show up every day...but then again a few do live in the shallow end of the gene pool....

Hey, I’m now an Alabaman. We resemble that remark. BTW, what’s the difference between the Crimson Tide football team, and the Crimson Tide basketball team?

waiting

The Crimson Tide basketball team ACTUALLY DESERVE their Final Four berth. 

Fellas.  This is a chat  about a coin how do we get to calling people fools and talking about Basketball don’t it show some. Levels of ignorance and stupidity and immaturity  come on I made this discussion about the American eagle 🦅 so how we get this far with negative comments towards each other’s and too think people  consider you statement about the coin make since  now you don’t care about your  reputation  people look forward to other people opinions don’t you think now people would not care what you have to say because majority of the time everything is negative so I want to say if you don’t have nothing positive to say please don’t say nothing at all it will be appreciated in the future if you all do so   Because people are trying to learn something instead of negativity thanks ps This comment is no April fool  so can you all grow up and stop acting like little juveniles please for once every time with the 🐂 💩 so call adult. Act your age . 

On 4/1/2024 at 5:03 PM, bobbyboshay said:

Fellas.  This is a chat  about a coin how do we get to calling people fools and talking about Basketball don’t it show some. Levels of ignorance and stupidity and immaturity  come on I made this discussion about the American eagle 🦅 so how we get this far with negative comments towards each other’s and too think people  consider you statement about the coin make since  now you don’t care about your  reputation  people look forward to other people opinions don’t you think now people would not care what you have to say because majority of the time everything is negative so I want to say if you don’t have nothing positive to say please don’t say nothing at all it will be appreciated in the future if you all do so   Because people are trying to learn something instead of negativity thanks ps This comment is no April fool  so can you all grow up and stop acting like little juveniles please for once every time with the 🐂 💩 so call adult. Act your age . 

Bobby, let me be as direct as I can. The vaaaaaast majority of posts DESERVE NEGATIVITY. They are THAT stupid. Most posts, especially, in the Newbie section, are so utterly inane that showing ANY positivity is doing the new collector no service. None at all.

People who go to discussion boards FIRST, before basic guide books, are actually ANNOYING, once it becomes a pattern. When I have a question, I STILL go to printed sources first, even now. The Internet is a “hot mess” when it comes to numismatics. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 4/1/2024 at 9:41 PM, Henri Charriere said:

So, there are "tons" of these on the market.  Many in a state of virtual perfection!  Is that right? Granted, it's been thirty long years since this coin was minted and made its debut.  Here's what I'll do:  I will challenge anyone to post their coin, certified or not, on @Mike Meenderink 's "Show me your lowballs" thread. I will allow Mike to be the Final Arbiter. I will limit my input to declaring a $100 Reward, open-ended, with no expiration date, to the first person who posts this ultra-rare coin which ought not to be difficult considering thousands, nay, tens of thousands, tons! were minted and distributed. Forget PF70DCAM. There are apparently plenty of those around. Let's have another look at the lower end. Then we'll all gather around, sit back and debate rarity or scarcity to everyone's heart's content. Fair enough? Do I have any takers? Don't be shy, speak up!!!

(Posted at the discretion of Moderators.)

I think the point of the matter Jason and many others will say is. Yes, it is a low mintage valuable coin. But try to sell it for the quoted value and you will see many others for a lower sale price. That is what kills its rarity.  

On 4/2/2024 at 6:56 AM, J P M said:

I think the point of the matter Jason and many others will say is. Yes, it is a low mintage valuable coin. But try to sell it for the quoted value and you will see many others for a lower sale price. That is what kills its rarity.  

Given the choice of a grade rarity such as a 1995-W-CDAM, which number in the scores, the true "rarity," which in my view (tongue-in-cheeek)  would be a designated  "lowball" which to date does not as yet exist.  I

On 4/1/2024 at 2:24 PM, VKurtB said:

Bama should have probably beat Michigan.  They were probably the 2nd best team overall.

I think it was mentioned here before....but the risk of milk spots or other blemishes turning your PF70 or even PF69 into something worth 75% less overnight is also a BIG risk if you can't afford it.

On 4/2/2024 at 8:25 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Bama should have probably beat Michigan.  They were probably the 2nd best team overall.

Please. Florida State CLEARLY deserved the No.4 seed in football. It’s not even arguable. And I have a “Roll Tide” license tag on my car. 

On 4/1/2024 at 2:24 PM, VKurtB said:

Hey, I’m now an Alabaman. We resemble that remark. BTW, what’s the difference between the Crimson Tide football team, and the Crimson Tide basketball team?

waiting

...u have to whisper that down there....

On 4/1/2024 at 6:03 PM, bobbyboshay said:

...revisit ur thoughts after another thousand posts or so n after u have been subjected to some of the bs u will read here...until then ill just overlook the above....

On 4/2/2024 at 6:42 PM, zadok said:

...revisit ur thoughts after another thousand posts or so n after u have been subjected to some of the bs u will read here...until then ill just overlook the above....

We have lots of useless posts ("Hi, I found this coin in my washing machine, can you tell me if it's worth $10,000 ?" :roflmao:) but we also have some pretty smart guys here and lots of VERY useful threads. (thumbsu

Anybody who obtained SPECIFIC data on their particular coins or coin types would do well to make sure they saved the information on the various threads here.  You have stuff here you can't get in other forums, books, periodicals, etc.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:33 PM, ldhair said:

I don't see the 95-W as rare but I feel it is the key date to the series. This is one of those coins that many will always call rare.  

What I don't get was...weren't there by 1995 lots of ASE collectors, buying at least 1 each year ?  So why after 9 years (1986-94) would they not make it available solo ?

Posted (edited)

@ zadok   what  the n  stand  for so  there no interpretation .   of what you saying   

Edited by bobbyboshay

On 4/3/2024 at 1:31 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

We have lots of useless posts ("Hi, I found this coin in my washing machine, can you tell me if it's worth $10,000 ?" :roflmao:) but we also have some pretty smart guys here and lots of VERY useful threads. (thumbsu

Anybody who obtained SPECIFIC data on their particular coins or coin types would do well to make sure they saved the information on the various threads here.  You have stuff here you can't get in other forums, books, periodicals, etc.

...the good the bad n the ugly....

On 4/3/2024 at 9:09 AM, zadok said:

...the good the bad n the ugly....

I just started to get into early Clint Eastwood stuff. (thumbsu

On 4/4/2024 at 1:37 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I just started to get into early Clint Eastwood stuff. (thumbsu

..."a fistfull of saints" has a nice ring to it...fyi, the saints market is active... there was a local transaction tween dealers here pcgs au50 1907 hr bought 8500 sold 9500, wasnt in my wheelhouse but i thought very reasonable price?....

On 3/30/2024 at 8:30 PM, Sandon said:

I have always made it a point to look for low mintage and/or hard to find coins that aren't usually or ever promoted and to avoid highly promoted pieces that are always available for a high price. I'd settle for circulated or even somewhat impaired examples of these coins, and even as such they can be quite hard to find notwithstanding deceptively low list prices....

🐓:  Say Q, remember wondering out loud why anyone who had amassed arguably The Finest collection of custom sets would even bother with less than stellar pieces?  Well, here in his own words, is his unique approach to problem-solving...

Q.A.:  Ah, mystery solved!  That explains ev-e-ry-thing --  everything, that is, except who taught you how to read.  🤣

This is one feel-good thread, from start to finish!  Man, I love this place!  (thumbsu

Edited by Henri Charriere
Add parting shot.