• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cannot believe I found this!

6 posts in this topic

Was going through photos on my computer and came across a really cool coin pic that I had saved from somewhere.

Couldn't remember where I saw it, or copied it from (just the one pic was saved), but the "info" for the pic I saved revealed June 14, 2016   9:18:26 AM.

I tried typing in Exonumia in the NGC search window here but so much stuff came up — too much to pursue… a lost cause.

Then, today, I took another look at the pic and typed out the following into Google's search engine.

Awl Tea Hat G Litters II Knot Gold

I may have come across a thread somewhere discussing Rebuses on coins.

What I find even more interesting is that the photo I have of the coin (I have never owned the coin) shows it in an NGC slab.

image.thumb.jpeg.4cbc5e77b79311e577e1478e9a4038a7.jpeg

So, apparently, there isn't just one out there.

For all I know, I may have looked into it, perhaps wanting one for myself, and either it was too hard to come by (rare) or maybe it was too expensive to  acquire if one could be found for sale.

I would post it in the Ask NGC column.  Maybe someone will recognize the "knot" and distinctive denticles. 

Looks like a puzzle for the old TV game show, Concentration.