• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who to report stolen Morgan 1883 CC MS65+ cac Certified
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I decided to sell my PCGS 1$ MORGAN 1883 CC MS 65+ CAC green bean Certified coin # 29480538

The buyer now says they never got the coin through USPS delivery.     So do I keep it registered on my NGC profile or post it sold or traded?  I also, had it registered with PCGS and not sure if anything me or the buyer can do to inform public of this stolen coin? Maybe leads online.com will help pawnshop too not buy this stolen coin.

• Administrator

Hello, @Opus11.

We are very sorry to hear of your difficulties. It is up to you how you want to set the status of your PCGS coin in the NGC Registry. You may want to contact PCGS to see if they can mark the coin somehow in their system.

I recommend keeping the coin in the NGC Registry, as you should receive notice if someone else on the Registry attempts to transfer the coin into his or her own set and inform NGC and that person that you claim ownership of the coin.

I assume that you reported the suspected theft to the Postal Service and, if you insured the package, have filed a claim.

In addition to contacting PCGS as recommended by @Ali E., you may want to report this matter to the Numismatic Crime Information Center (NCIC) at https://numismaticcrimes.org/.  

Sorry to hear that, are you sure its really missing, what does the USPS tracking say?   For sure keep the coin in your NGC and PCGS active inventory and report the loss to NCIC as @Sandon noted above as well as to the postal system.   I would also register the coin in the CAC database, the more places you have it listed as yours the better the odds that you will be notified if anyone tries to register it.

Thank you everyone for positive input and I am grateful for your time to help me & this collector resolve this matter.  I will do all mentioned above and forward this helpful information to the customer too.