• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

signed labels
1 1

4 posts in this topic

there is a place on NGC here where we can buy signed labels.  however each one I try to buy, they arent there.  are these ones we have to order or are they just out?

As I understand it, the specialty labels signed by coin designers, mint officials, dealers, authors and other notables are only available for bulk submissions by prior arrangement with NGC. See NGC Special Labels | NGC (ngccoin.com). I don't think that you can't submit your own coins and request these labels. You would have to obtain coins already certified with such labels from the bulk submitters or others who advertise them or in the "aftermarket". Where on the NGC site did you think you could obtain coins with such labels?

This might be a better topic for the "Ask NGC/NCS" forum.

I agree with @Sandon. I know you can request special labels such as photo labels (think Ben Franklin's face on a Franklin Half Dollar slab or Abe's face on a Lincoln Cent slab) or request to have a pedigree on the label, but signed labels are an entirely different thing. I don't think labels are available "for sale".

You can buy slabbed coins with signed labels but as an individual submitter with no provenance to be able to claim a connection to the signature, I don't think you have any other way to get them except to buy them already slabbed. You can post this question in the Ask NGC forum, but I think their response won't be much different than you are hearing here.