• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using Mycollect ?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I know I’m behind on little on time I just joined Mycollect today I e heard of ot last year but didn’t look into if … Anyone else enjoying using it ? How do you like it so far ? I heard they just added “guess the grade” contest or quiz something like that …. I’ll be sure to check it out later on when I can …. Sounds interesting 

Never heard of it.  Googled it. Undated stat: received 1.71 stars on 17 reviews, indicating customer dissatisfaction. Credit card problems were cited as one issue.  But don't let that hinder you from checking it out. Perhaps, you can report back with your own review here.  (thumbsu

On 3/20/2024 at 12:06 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Never heard of it.  Googled it. Undated stat: received 1.71 stars on 17 reviews, indicating customer dissatisfaction. Credit card problems were cited as one issue.  But don't let that hinder you from checking it out. Perhaps, you can report back with your own review here.  (thumbsu

It was free to join , it didn’t ask me for credit card 

Apparently, I was looking at a comment on mycollects, not mycollect.

By any chance, is the site you cite 🤣 the same one which was the subject of Coinbuf's Topic: "Anyone join the new mycollect site yet?" posted July 13, 2023?

On 3/20/2024 at 12:43 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I do like the grading game, but I wished the specialty areas got more conversation.  I still think the platform has a lot of potential.

In time it might catch on … it’s still a new platform , I’m just dabbling in to it today I haven’t navigated around it or looked into any of the chats yet nor added a picture on profile yet 

Not for me, I looked into it when it was launched but have never become a member and have no plans to.   I truly dislike the format of the site, and so far it's mostly just a big photo sharing platform.   The few times I looked at any of the chat areas most were being bombarded by internet only vest pocket type dealers, turned me off right away.

Posted (edited)

@Coinbuf I joined it for grading quiz … which anyone can practice grading there sure are some tricky coins on there then  Again I don’t agree with some grades … I’m terrible at grading GOLD COINS ! I cannot lie !!! I tend to under grade gold coins due to distraction marks I see on the coins then again I have to remember gold is softer metal bag marks show up easily on gold … but the grading quiz does get a little addictive once you try it 

I don’t think I’m going to posting a lot on there we’ll see  … but they just installed grading quiz like last week , it’s a free platform if I don’t like it then I’ll just deactivate my account and leave 

Edited by Jason Abshier

Nope. It got a lot of mentions at first across the railroad tracks, then vanished from conversations.

I joined a few months ago.  I added one set to the registry (’72 mint set).  It was the only set at the time, but two other sets have been added by other members since.  I have also guessed the grade on over 1,000 coins and have enjoyed that part of the site.  Members can comment on registry sets.  Not sure if that is a good idea or not.  Time will tell. 

On 3/20/2024 at 12:20 PM, Jason Abshier said:

@Coinbuf I joined it for grading quiz … which anyone can practice grading there sure are some tricky coins on there then  Again I don’t agree with some grades … I’m terrible at grading GOLD COINS ! I cannot lie !!! I tend to under grade gold coins due to distraction marks I see on the coins then again I have to remember gold is softer metal bag marks show up easily on gold … but the grading quiz does get a little addictive once you try it 

I don’t think I’m going to posting a lot on there we’ll see  … but they just installed grading quiz like last week , it’s a free platform if I don’t like it then I’ll just deactivate my account and leave 

That guess the grade thing actually started sometime in January not last week, I remember reading lots of posts in the later part of Jan on the PCGS forum on how members were doing with their guesses and some frustrations with the game itself back when it did start.   I haven't read a thread on that forum about mycollect for some time now, I think that after the novelty of the game wore off many quit playing it, or at least quit posting about it.

Pretty dead over there, doesn't seem like they were able to entice people to participate on yet another forum or to drop others in favor of MC. I'll pop in over there once or twice a week to see if there is anything interesting, usually it is bupkis.

"Mycolect" sounds like a microbial disease, or maybe....

"... colonization of the gastrointestinal tract with Bacteroides fragilis expressing an immunodominant bacterial polysaccharide, through dendritic cell activation and induction of a TH1-mediated response, leads to a splenic response characterized by normal numbers of CD4+ T cells, lymphoid architecture, and systemic lymphocytic expansion."

@RWB :  So, it is an infectious disease... As long as it's not contagious, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.  :roflmao:

On 3/20/2024 at 3:56 PM, Jason Abshier said:

@Coinbuf then my bad I didn’t know it started that far back … I’m behind catching up as usual I thought it was last week or so when they started that …. 

No worries, knowing that might explain why a few members there have amassed some large scores, at least I'm assuming that some have by now.