• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

coin
1 1

4 posts in this topic

heyy i got a question? i got a 2009 no mint penny and on the back it has a man standing in front of a capital building on the left of the coin. how much is the price if you know?

• Administrator

Hello @mikeyluvcoinsthank you for contacting us. NGC is a coin-grading company. We do not buy, sell, or value coins. You can find out more about our company online at About NGC | NGC Coin Grading | NGC. You may want to consider taking the coin to a currency dealer to see if they can help appraise the coin for you. A list of NGC-Authorized dealers can be found here: Dealer Locator | NGC.

If you are interested in submitting coin to us for grading, you can find out more about the process at How to Submit | NGC (ngccoin.com) and our grading fees at NGC Services and Fees | NGC (ngccoin.com).

If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank You!

On 3/16/2024 at 11:20 AM, mikeyluvcoins said:

heyy i got a question? i got a 2009 no mint penny and on the back it has a man standing in front of a capital building on the left of the coin. how much is the price if you know?

Its worth the face value of 1 cent.   In 2009 the mint produced four versions of the Lincoln cent to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the Lincoln cent which was first produced in 1909.   Each design was meant to portray a portion of Lincon's life, the design you have is called The Professional Life.

Welcome to the NGC chat board. In the future, please post questions about coins, preferably with clear, cropped photos, on the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum, where forum members, many of whom are experienced collectors, will endeavor to answer them.

The coin you describe is a 2009 "Professional Life" reverse Lincoln cent, of which 316 million were made.  It features one of four commemorative reverses that were used in 2009 to commemorate the bicentennial of Lincoln's birth and the centennial of the Lincoln cent. Although it isn't possible to evaluate this particular coin without photos, your coin is probably only worth its face value of one cent or not much more and wouldn't be worth the cost of submission to a third-party grading service such as NGC.

If you are interested in learning the basics of U.S. coins and how to collect them, please refer to the print and online resources described in the following forum topic: