• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Registering and grading costs
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Unless your goal is to participate in the NGC registry, or you plan to sell, and think the value might be enhanced by having them graded, my suggestion would be to enjoy your coins "raw." I have a fair-sized collection myself, and the only certified coins that I own that are coins that were encapsulated when I bought them. I have never actually sent a coin in to be graded, and there are others on this forum like me.

Your question is not clear, do you want to put your coins into and participate in the NGC registry?  Is that what you mean by registering?  If this not what you're asking for then I have no clue what you are asking about. 

If you wish to participate in the NGC registry then yes you will have no choice but to spend a considerable amount of money and submit your coins to NGC for grading, there is no way around this. 

I would strongly suggest that you do some serious research into the value of your coins as they are and what they would be worth as an NGC certified coin.  You might find that it is financially unreasonable to have all your coin graded.  

Edited by Coinbuf

Just out of curiosity, what type coins would you be thinking of grading. You can post a picture here if you like?

Edited by J P M