• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023-P Jefferson Nickel Possible DDR Nickel Doubled Die Varieties
1 1

5 posts in this topic

2023-P Jefferson Nickel Possible DDR Nickel Doubled Die Varieties

Tilted Hub Doubling: Very nice Class VIII doubling shows above the top step and to the right and left of the center door above the steps.  Doubling also shows on TICE of MONTICELLO.

I Have been working for some time on detecting double-die Errors Can someone help me determine which DDR this may be?

I have looked at Brian’s Variety Coins to find a match for the one I have but I don’t see all the Markers to determine this is a WDDR-001. Help :eyeroll:

Snapshot@2024_0312_100754.jpg

Snapshot@2024_0312_102432.jpg

Snapshot@2024_0312_102410.jpg

Snapshot@2024_0312_100906.jpg

USE ME TOO.jpg

USE ME.jpg

Snapshot@2024_0312_100922.jpg

I agree with Coinbuf there is no doubling on this coin. You need to learn what real die doubling looks like before you waste anymore of your time. READ instead of searching for something you have no idea what you are looking for.

I also think you are seeing some kind of strike/mechanical doubling as it looks more step like and I don't see split serifs on the lettering.

I believe one of our esteemed nickel collectors also discovered this same effect on some of the 2023's he got when they first started hitting circulation. If I remember, of the many that he had that looked like the one you posted, only one he found was the actual variety and not mechanical doubling.