• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945Mo MEXICO G2P Restrike MS 64
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I seldom think about Mexican pieces and seldom think about gold, and almost NEVER about Mexican gold, but are these one of those perpetual restrikes, like the 1780 Maria Theresa Thaler?

On 3/11/2024 at 3:14 PM, VKurtB said:

I seldom think about Mexican pieces and seldom think about gold, and almost NEVER about Mexican gold, but are these one of those perpetual restrikes, like the 1780 Maria Theresa Thaler?

I do not believe so. I heard a familiar voice tell me, "Look it up," and so I did.

They were minted from 1919-1947, have a gold melt value of about $105., but what it is worth depends on the grade NGC assigned it when he submitted it to them and the OP said he "was pleasantly surprised."

(FWIW: By contrast, the well-known Centanario 50 peso gold coin weighing in at 1.206 troy ounces has a melt just under $2500.)

Looking in my gold part of my collection apperantly I had one as well same thing MS64 … I can remember when I got it and where I got it must been long time ago tiny little gold coin I’m sure I only paid like $60-$70 for long time ago I don’t collect Mexican coinage how I got still puzzle me maybe trade in with another collector 

IMG_9443.jpeg

IMG_9482.jpeg