• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COSTCO Selling gold bars and silver

11 posts in this topic

What Costco wants Costco will get. Company I work for is a contractor for a large food service equipment manufacturer. Costco gets the equipment and the service it desires at my company's expense. 

As you could imagine I've had some disagreements with their management more than once and I still kept my job. Wonder if they offer any products from the U.S. mint ?

As for me I wont shop Costco or Sam's Club. Mass merchandising and crowd hysteria is just not my thing. With so little margin in precious metals I wonder what their strategy is. By the way if CNN said it, it may not be factual.

The report, although lacking detail, is factual. It also explains why Costco is doing this -- it's for the "treasure hunt" mentality of buy it now 'cause it might not be here tomorrow.

Costco could likely leverage currency valuations between US and Canadian, and also get a lower price because the "Canadian Mint" is a company, not a real government facility like the US Mint.

Thought that they may have installed one of those gold bar dispensing ATM's like they have over in Dubai and Egypt. 

GOLD TO GO - the Gold Bullion vending machine

Better than the one with a snake living in it. I'll post the video in the watercooler, kind of creepy.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:09 PM, RWB said:

The report, although lacking detail, is factual. It also explains why Costco is doing this -- it's for the "treasure hunt" mentality of buy it now 'cause it might not be here tomorrow.

They sold gold bars months ago -- sold out, as I recall.  If anything, I would normally consider this BEARISH for gold as it shows that a mass retailer is selling to Joe and Josephine Six Pack.

But gold continues to go up....it's retail and central bank buying combined with NO major selling like by CBs.:o

Gold is in very strong hands.  Drops are being bought...corrections erase after a few weeks/months.  VERY bullish going forward.

$3,000 by $2030. (thumbsu

On 3/8/2024 at 10:41 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

They sold gold bars months ago -- sold out, as I recall.  If anything, I would normally consider this BEARISH for gold as it shows that a mass retailer is selling to Joe and Josephine Six Pack.

But gold continues to go up....it's retail and central bank buying combined with NO major selling like by CBs.:o

Gold is in very strong hands.  Drops are being bought...corrections erase after a few weeks/months.  VERY bullish going forward.

$3,000 by $2030. (thumbsu

...this is old news, it really has nothing to do with our monetary/financial markets...it has accomplished its intended purpose, having u n others talk about it...gold is exactly what it has always been, a repository for assets...its price in $s is inconsequential, its relative to whatever everything else is, there r those that have it n those that dont....by the way, josephine said she is packing but its not a six pack....

Q.A.:  ... maximum of five on those silver 25-coin tubes...non-refundable...

🐓:.  ...I thought membership had its privileges?...

Q.A.: ... no, that was American Express...  doh!

On 3/7/2024 at 7:16 PM, Errorists said:

Wish they were Gold Eagles and ASEs.

They could probably sell some Saints or Liberty's or common Indians if they had a display case explaining their history.

Again, I'd bet that most gold buyers don't know about them.  I didn't ! xD