• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Lincoln Penny Die Chip on Date
1 1

6 posts in this topic

This 1964 Lincoln Penny isn't the best looking specimen.  However, it's got what I believe is a small die chip between the 9 and 6 in the date.  Is this simply a die chip?

LPE006 Comp.JPG

LPE006 Observe Close Up Comp.JPG

This comment will not be permitted to stand with Moderation, but here goes:

What I see between the six and nine is an unmistakably public, and therefore positively unlawful and illegal, act of congress.  But to be fair about things, how is what is depicted there any different from the significant debris field left behind by retreating glaciers most prominently seen in the area between 9 and 10 o' clock, to the immediate left of, and below IN, in the motto IGWT?

If I take a good look at the 6, what I see is the top of the six took a hit and drove a small pile of metal from the 6 down into between the 9 and the 6. The top of the 6 looks a little flattened to me and the small pile of metal looks to be attached to the 6. Just my humble opinion.