• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1991 50 groszy coin
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

Please note that the NGC Registry forum is for topics pertaining to the NGC certified coin registry.  For best attention, questions like yours should be posted on the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum or the "U.S., World, and Ancient Coins" forum.  Additionally, please crop your photos so that they show to the greatest extent possible the coin and not the surface that surrounds it.

The NGC World Coin Price Guide indicates that this 1991 Polish 50 Groszy is a common coin with a mintage of over 99 million pieces and a catalog value in circulated condition like this of ten cents. See Poland 50 Groszy Y 281 Prices & Values | NGC (ngccoin.com).  Why did you think that it is rare?

Just places on the internet was saying it wasn't for sure. Also saying that the polish coin was worth around 500 usd. So I thought I would ask to find out

On 3/3/2024 at 4:42 PM, floyd o. said:

Just places on the internet was saying it wasn't for sure. Also saying that the polish coin was worth around 500 usd.

You must have been looking at ripoff listing or inaccurate information which is all over the internet.  Be wary of the source of information, and see the list of links in the pinned topic at the top of this sub-forum for some reasonably reliable information.

On the plus side, fans of this Forum are not going to believe what I found:

A dedicated YouTube video on nothing more than how to pronounce "groszy" corrrectly, repeated five times...

Groh-zee - Groh-zee - Groh-zee - Groh-zee - Groh-zee.

It gets better, next up is "Zloty."  Poles pronounce it decidedly differently, but in English it is:  ZLOW-TEH.

[Never let it be said I am unable or unwilling to broaden the body of knowledge of our members.]

Is this place great, or what?  🤣

No. If this were an uncirculated example of this coin, and it’s not, the RETAIL value would be about $1. There were over 99,000,000 of them made.