• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom set
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to create a custom set based on the Commonwealth of Virginia.  Is there a way to add multiple coins at one time as opposed to one coin each time?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

You shouldn't have much trouble adding multiple coins to your custom set. While logged in, open your set and click the "Edit" tab. If the coins are already in your coin list, a,k.a. "My Competitive Coins", click the "Add from Inventory" tab on the right side of the page, check the box for each coin you want to add, and click the "Add Selected Coins" button at the lower left of the dialog box. You can then renumber the slots in your set so that the coins appear in the order you want. If the coins aren't already in your coin list, click "Add New" instead of "Add from Inventory" and proceed from there, or use the "Add Coin" function before opening the custom set.

Thanks for the reply but I do not have the coins in my inventory.  I am trying to create a brand new set of coins based on the people and places of the Commonwealth of Virginia.  So an example would be both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson are native Virginians, thus the set should include every coin they have appeared on which are a lot of nickels and quarters.  I do not want to add each one separately to my custom list because I do not have them yet in my inventory (see pics below).  This set is a long-term goal collecting-wise.

image.thumb.png.84bceaf22791f18ac5952e9a5cf52f67.png

image.thumb.png.625ff6977400dde1c5a42b8eec472f48.png

In a custom set, you define and create the slots. Unless the Administrator, who will likely respond, knows something that I don't, you would have to create each slot separately. If you don't want to waste time or have hundreds of empty slots, you may want to create the slots as you obtain the pertinent NGC certified coins and PCGS certified U.S. coins. You could additionally or alternatively create competitive sets, which have pre-defined slots, for such pertinent series as Jefferson nickels and Washington quarters. 

• Administrator

Hello, @Dutch1865.

Thank for your interest. Instead of ADD FROM INVENTORY,  you may click on ADD NEW.

Here are some helpful links: How do I add coins to a recently created NGC Registry Custom Set? How Do I Add Photos for Coins in Custom Sets?

https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/92684-how-do-i-create-a-new-custom-set/

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We are happy to help. You may also reach us easily via email at registry@NGCcoin.com.