• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Once again, no photo
1 1

6 posts in this topic

For this, I would really appreciate a response from the NGC team.  I registered another coin that did not have pictures.  It is a 2017MO Mexico 1 Onza Early Releases.  When I enter the NGC number the description comes up, but no picture.  This happened with another coin (also an NGC slabbed Libertad) from the same vendor.  2 times in just 2 months seems like more than a clerical error as it was described last time.  Since it is one of the key elements of Fraud Detection, I am worried this is happening.  What can be done?Snap2.thumb.jpg.6e9ea1ce7fe73e04fb6baeb03c9575d1.jpgSnap2.thumb.jpg.6e9ea1ce7fe73e04fb6baeb03c9575d1.jpg

If you want a reply from a representative of NGC you need to post in the ask NGC section or call customer service.   This part of the forum is not monitored by the NGC staff for questions, it is only a few of us collectors that donate our time and try to help others out with answers.   Just biased on the serial number of your coin it may be possible that this was graded/slabbed before NGC was taking the slab photos for each coin.   But again only an NGC rep can fully answer your question.

As indicated by @Coinbuf, if you want the NGC staff to respond, you need to post your topic in the "Ask NGC/NCS" forum or contact customer service.

When I answered your previous inquiry about this matter, I had forgotten that NGC sometimes does not include photos of coins submitted in bulk submissions. See NGC Website FAQs - Verify NGC Certification | NGC (ngccoin.com) and open answer to "Why are there no images of my coin in NGC Certificate Verification?"  These bullion issue Mexican Onzas were likely included in such a submission, which could include hundreds of coins of the same type submitted by a dealer at a discounted rate.

On 2/26/2024 at 9:33 AM, Coinbuf said:

If you want a reply from a representative of NGC you need to post in the ask NGC section or call customer service.   This part of the forum is not monitored by the NGC staff for questions, it is only a few of us collectors that donate our time and try to help others out with answers.   Just biased on the serial number of your coin it may be possible that this was graded/slabbed before NGC was taking the slab photos for each coin.   But again only an NGC rep can fully answer your question.

Good advise, will do, thanks

I think Sandon, is likely right in that it was a bulk submission.  I have gone back to the vendor and I have asked NGC just to verify, but I am 98.9999% sure that is it.  The vendor is a trusted vendor and is likely to have done just that.