• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin linked to incorrect set slot?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am building out my Jefferon nickels registry set, and it seems that one of the nickels is being inserted into the wrong position in the set. The coin in question is:

image.png.bb2c6e51b5ca96cb736c32aedfb1a19a.png

and here it is in the set:

image.thumb.png.88af3f8c4c0e2172c368046a3b3d0251.png

I believe this coin should instead be placed into the '1997-P SPECIMEN' location seen in the bottom row of the above image.

Please advise.

I agree that this coin is in the wrong slot.  The Administrator, @Ali E, will likely respond next week, but here is another way to ask for a correction of an issue of this sort without using the public forum. 

While logged in, click open the page for the coin, either in your set or your coin list (My Competitive Coins). Below the description and certificate number you should see a blue link reading "Wrong Coin/Grade?". Click that link and, if your coin is being identified as an ordinary 1997-P nickel, select the option, "The coin description is wrong", enter the correct description into the dialog box that follows, and submit it.

• Administrator
On 2/24/2024 at 3:38 PM, 3sidedCoin said:

I am building out my Jefferon nickels registry set, and it seems that one of the nickels is being inserted into the wrong position in the set. The coin in question is:

image.png.bb2c6e51b5ca96cb736c32aedfb1a19a.png

and here it is in the set:

image.thumb.png.88af3f8c4c0e2172c368046a3b3d0251.png

I believe this coin should instead be placed into the '1997-P SPECIMEN' location seen in the bottom row of the above image.

Please advise.

Thank you, @Sandon!

@3sidedCoin, We have sent am email to your email address with similar directions. Thank you.