• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Historical prices of NGC graded coins for tax purpose
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hoping to find a source for determining the historical value of NGC graded coins. IRS requires a documented source for determining capital gains tax from an inheritance. Value of coin at time of inheriting-sale amount of coin at time of sale. Great collections auction provided the point of sale info. Needing historical value for December 15, 2021 on both U.S. and foreign gold and silver NGC graded coins.

• Administrator

Hello @Liam ll

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our online resources include the NGC price guides are provided by a third party and offer information based on their auction sales data, and these tools may be of some assistance. These guides do not provide data referencing a specific date, however, they can show you different timeframes (example provided in the screencap below.) 

image.png

I am sorry that, beyond the information accessible via these online resources, I cannot provide any additional data or specific historical value or sales data for your coins. This type of research is not currently a service provided by NGC. You can access these resources by visiting NGCCoins.com and using the Resources tab. 

image.png

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Thanks, I have since found a reputable source that addresses the concern. I sold around $90,000 NGC graded coins on auction this year, so it’s been a relief to find that source