• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin errors
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Found in fathers collection and want to make sure its listed correctly.Sleeve coin was in read 1939-d error ob verse.Input and information would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2502.jpeg

Better focused cropped photos of both sides would be helpful, instead of a single shot of an enlarged scope screen.  But it does look like the coin took a hit which indented and displaced metal like at the rim, "T", and bottom of the "R" which would not be an error.  Also, I can't imagine how something like that could occur during coin production at the mint.

Welcome to the forum

Please do not use screen shots, they are too pixilated to see detail clearly.  From what I can tell from that photo, your Cent is not an error, it is damage from a hit. There is nothing there that would happen during the striking of the coin.

I simply cannot comment on this coin without clear, cropped photos of both sides of the coin and a closeup of the area in question (closeup but not high mag).