• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tips for taking photographs of coins?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I would like to take good photographs of my coins and am hoping to find a set of useful suggestions for doing so. I have searched around here for a bit and have not found any suggested guidelines -- only an admonishment in a stickied post to not post bad photos.

So, what are some helpful tips? Please share your thoughts and experiences, or even just point my half-blind eyes at material I have missed in my initial search.

A practical tip -- a roast beef sandwich does not take good coin photos.... neither do oranges.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Actually there are several threads in the forum here that ask this same question. Here is a link to an older one of them in the forum here, but there are others if you search for them.

There are other useful tips in this article as well. And I am sure some of the other photo enthusiasts will also answer this question in this thread.