• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you are a fan of toning, check this
1 1

6 posts in this topic

If the coin was from 1895 (any silver coin) instead of 1995 I'd like it but when it's less than 30 years old, I'd call it environmental damage from improper storage or possibly artificial toning. I don't like it.

Edited by Mike Meenderink

Blugh! For bullion like this, I almost thought it was artificial toning.

I have to do that every now and then @Mr.Bill347. I see "shinny" too much in some of the threads. I tend to get a little OCD when it comes to spelling. I guess from my childhood years and all of the spelling bee's I was entered into caused this in me. S-H-I-N-Y. Shiny. I was looking at a coin and it was very shiny. xD

This reminds me of my daughters Silver Eagle.  When my oldest daughter was around ten my mother bought her an Eagle.  One day while straightening up her comics I found this coal black disc mixed in with the comics.  Sure enough, it was that silver Eagle.  Took it all of about 2 years to go terminal.  James