• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive Research on the So Called 1964 "SMS" Coins Is In the Works - What Questions Do Members Here Have About these Coins?

94 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2024 at 9:13 PM, FlyingAl said:

There is a significant amount of evidence, including several official mint documents. People have just been looking in the wrong places all this time. 

I want to leave a lot of discussion for when the article is actually published, when all the research is finally out there. Even with the research, it would be easy to argue either way. There's just better evidence one way rather than the other. 

Very exciting. I read every issue of The Numismatist from cover to cover, and I look forward to your article. It should arrive in my mail just before I head out to the Greenville, SC show where I’m taking Brian Silliman’s ANA course on counterfeits especially the new Chinese ones. I just registered today.

On 9/3/2024 at 10:53 PM, VKurtB said:

Very exciting. I read every issue of The Numismatist from cover to cover, and I look forward to your article. It should arrive in my mail just before I head out to the Greenville, SC show where I’m taking Brian Silliman’s ANA course on counterfeits especially the new Chinese ones. I just registered today.

Do us all a favor and however engrossing the article may be, put the article down and keep your eyes on the road.  🤣

On 9/5/2024 at 3:20 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Do us all a favor and however engrossing the article may be, put the article down and keep your eyes on the road.  🤣

Gotz to. After I peel off of I-75 north of Chattanooga, and head east through the Smokies, I will be on roads I ain’t neva seed afore.