• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scratched holder.

8 posts in this topic

I am sure this has been asked before. Is there any product that will remove light scratches from PCGS and NGC slabs?

Believe it or not, I seem to recall reading somewhere on these boards a post from a jeweler who said he used a buffing machine with great success to, in effect, polish out the scratches.

I'm not recommending this, as I can't remember where I read it and haven't tried it, but am adding it because I thought the idea interesting. Personally, I'd be a little concerned about heat damage, but I suppose jewelers have the magic touch that comes of experience smirk.gif.

Beijim

Hey monty!!! There are many products out there. Working in collision repair as I do, I have found a product made by M`Guires! Its a two stage product. The first is a smooth compound, which applied with a soft fluffy cotton cloth will remove scratches from plastic. The second stage is a finishing polish. Its very easy to use. It only takes a little. And I have used it on my slabs as well as some of my proof sets.. It makes them shine!!!!

Im sure this is not the only product out there but give it a try!!!

Its called M`Guires plastic two stage polish. I purchase it from our paint supplier,

however, I think you can find it at a local automotive paint store.

best wishes

mike grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I've found toothpaste works great on slabs, CD's, DVD's, etc., it's handy and inexpensive. But, I guess you have to have teeth to have any around. ( hey, remember I'm from the mountains, I ain't jokin') grin.gif