• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new slot
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Welcome to the NGC chat board. 

If you have entered the serial numbers of these holders into your "coin list" ("My Competitive Coins"), you should click the green plus sign ("+") in the pertinent slot under the "Add to Sets" column. You should then see a list of your existing registry sets for which the coin is eligible, if any, followed by a section with a blue plus sign to "Create New Set", which will give you a list of the sets for which these coins would be eligible. Click this section and follow the instructions to create one or more of these sets. This would include a selection of both standard date and mint Morgan dollar sets and a "Hot 50" VAMS set. 

Alternatively, also assuming that you have already entered these coins into your "coin list", you can go to United States Categories | NGC Registry | NGC (ngccoin.com), pick one or more appropriate sets under the "Morgan Dollars" category, and use the "Autobuild" button to create each such set.  If you are only interested in a "Hot 50" set, go to Morgan Dollars, 1878-1921, Hot 50 VAMs Sets | NGC Registry | NGC (ngccoin.com) and hit the green "Create a set" button at the left above the list of sets.

There are extensive instructions for the NGC Registry under the "About" and "Help/FAQs" tabs on the left side of the Registry home page, as well as in the "NGC Registry Help and Instructions" section of this forum.

On 2/3/2024 at 4:35 PM, David Otto said:

im new here and still learning my way, not sure where to put these 

5880475_Full_Obv.jpg

5880481_Full_Obv.jpg

Doesn't look like NGC has a slot in the Morgan Dollar Hot 50 VAMs registry set which is located HERE

You can post a request to add this coin to the registry in the below topic which is pinned to the top of this forum or email registry@NGCcoin.com.  Sandon also gave you some excellent suggestions. Good luck. (thumbsu 

On 2/3/2024 at 5:24 PM, Sandon said:

Welcome to the NGC chat board. 

If you have entered the serial numbers of these holders into your "coin list" ("My Competitive Coins"), you should click the green plus sign ("+") in the pertinent slot under the "Add to Sets" column. You should then see a list of your existing registry sets for which the coin is eligible, if any, followed by a section with a blue plus sign to "Create New Set", which will give you a list of the sets for which these coins would be eligible. Click this section and follow the instructions to create one or more of these sets. This would include a selection of both standard date and mint Morgan dollar sets and a "Hot 50" VAMS set. 

Alternatively, also assuming that you have already entered these coins into your "coin list", you can go to United States Categories | NGC Registry | NGC (ngccoin.com), pick one or more appropriate sets under the "Morgan Dollars" category, and use the "Autobuild" button to create each such set.  If you are only interested in a "Hot 50" set, go to Morgan Dollars, 1878-1921, Hot 50 VAMs Sets | NGC Registry | NGC (ngccoin.com) and hit the green "Create a set" button at the left above the list of sets.

There are extensive instructions for the NGC Registry under the "About" and "Help/FAQs" tabs on the left side of the Registry home page, as well as in the "NGC Registry Help and Instructions" section of this forum.

thank you, sir, I already created a hot 50 set but I can't add either of the 2 I'm assuming because there isn't a slot for them, when I do the autobuild it puts these 2 in my top 100 set under wrong slots, thanks for the help, I'm guessing the conflict is there isn't a slot for them where they belong in the hot 50 set

On 2/3/2024 at 5:29 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Doesn't look like NGC has a slot in the Morgan Dollar Hot 50 VAMs registry set which is located HERE

You can post a request to add this coin to the registry in the below topic which is pinned to the top of this forum or email registry@NGCcoin.com.  Sandon also gave you some excellent suggestions. Good luck. (thumbsu 

thank you, I created the hot 50 set but there isn't a slot for either of the 2 hot 50 morgans I pictured, I sent a request for both new slots, hopefully I did it correct. 

Based on your question, I assumed that you were unfamiliar with the process of creating a registry set and provided information that you probably didn't need. Your slot request should enable the Administrator to deal with your problem next week. 

It appears that your coins are die states of varieties already included in the set.  In the future, you might try using the "Add to Sets" button, and if the desired set doesn't appear, click the "I'm Looking for Something Else" link at the bottom of the dialog box and go through the steps to indicate an existing set and/or slot in which you think the coin should be placed. I have successfully done this on several occasions.

On 2/3/2024 at 7:35 PM, Sandon said:

Based on your question, I assumed that you were unfamiliar with the process of creating a registry set and provided information that you probably didn't need. Your slot request should enable the Administrator to deal with your problem next week. 

It appears that your coins are die states of varieties already included in the set.  In the future, you might try using the "Add to Sets" button, and if the desired set doesn't appear, click the "I'm Looking for Something Else" link at the bottom of the dialog box and go through the steps to indicate an existing set and/or slot in which you think the coin should be placed. I have successfully done this on several occasions.

my apologies for the excess information, I followed your lead and found the (looking for something else link) and followed the steps, thanks again for your help.

• Administrator

Hello, @David Otto.

We did send you some emails a few weeks ago. If you need further assistance, please let us know. We are happy to help. Thank you.