• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's Change Finds-opinions on 1960 D Jefferson Nickel grade looks pretty clean

11 posts in this topic

1960 D Jefferson Nickel looks pretty clean other than a ding above N in CENTS and a ding on steps. I know steps are not good on this year in general  What do you think this would be as a grade? Opinion wise not getting graded by third party obviously ;)

Based on the photos, I would grade the 1960-D nickel in the AU 50-55 range. It has no real collector value in that grade range. (The NGC Price Guide says ten cents.) 

I assume that you had no questions about the other coins whose photos you posted. 

On 1/21/2024 at 12:53 PM, Sandon said:

Based on the photos, I would grade the 1960-D nickel in the AU 50-55 range. It has no real collector value in that grade range. (The NGC Price Guide says ten cents.) 

I assume that you had no questions about the other coins whose photos you posted. 

Thanks Sandon, I was figuring close to that just wasn't sure. No flip for this one in the box it goes.

Your assumption was correct! They are all common and or rough shape. The proof quarter would have been ok with me if it was a silver proof..

The 1957 D wheat cent even if it was and isn't MS 65 would still be extremely common just liked that I actually found a reddish one again finally lol 

Freebies for the kiddo :)

On 1/21/2024 at 4:03 PM, powermad5000 said:

The 2020 Tallgrass Quarter is a W V75 Privy Mark. That is a keeper.

Thank God you noticed powermad5000, I was starting to think nobody noticed! This would have certainly been my remarkable coin in this lot. NeverEC, do you realize how rare that is?

image.thumb.png.b31402bdd7176a86fe02be9677979a05.png

None of the "W" quarters are "rare" in the real sense.   Yes they were a slightly low mintage, but these quarters were hunted and saved in high grade and high numbers, they will never truly be rare.   That doesn't mean that it has no value, even circulated AU55ish examples like the one the op found are worth $5 or so, not a bad price appreciation over face for such a new issue just not rare.

On 1/21/2024 at 5:24 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Thank God you noticed powermad5000, I was starting to think nobody noticed! This would have certainly been my remarkable coin in this lot. NeverEC, do you realize how rare that is?

image.thumb.png.b31402bdd7176a86fe02be9677979a05.png

I have all of the 2019 W and 2020 W quarters already. I gave some extras to my step daughter to try and complete the set. Always neat to find though!

Are they really considered rare? Or do you mean odds of finding in pocket change is low due to mintage?

On 1/21/2024 at 5:54 PM, NeverEnoughCoins09 said:

Are they really considered rare? Or do you mean odds of finding in pocket change is low due to mintage?

They are not rare considering the mintage numbers. At this point, however, going on 4 years since some were minted, and there was a craze to find them as they were all released into circulation, it is not likely to come across one in cash register change as they have mostly been taken out of circulation.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:56 PM, powermad5000 said:

They are not rare considering the mintage numbers. At this point, however, going on 4 years since some were minted, and there was a craze to find them as they were all released into circulation, it is not likely to come across one in cash register change as they have mostly been taken out of circulation.

Oh ok gotcha :) makes more sense now.