• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Images
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

I assume that you are asking how to add photos of your coins in the NGC Registry. Please see the following topic for instructions:

You can also add photos through your "My Competitive Coins" page instead of the "My Competitive Sets" page. You have to upload the images from files on your computer. If your coins were certified by NGC since about 2008, the NGC photos of the entire holder appear automatically but can be changed to your own as shown on the above topic.

Please note that extensive instructions for use of the NGC Registry are available through the "About" and "Help/FAQ" bars at the left side of the registry home page, as well as on the "NGC Registry" forum on this chat board. NGC Registry Help and Instructions - NGC Coin Collectors Chat Boards. The NGC Administrator monitors and usually responds to inquiries on the "NGC Registry" forum but does not monitor the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum.

You should be able to see your own submissions and download your photos by going to the "Submit" tab at the top of the NGC home page and going to "Submission Tracking". The photos may also be available under NGC Certificate Verification at NGC Cert Lookup | Verify NGC Certification | NGC (ngccoin.com) and entering the certificate number and grade. 

On 1/27/2024 at 3:25 PM, Aviator1527 said:

I'm just wondering how I see the coins I've had graded and photogrphed by NGC. Not coins in my set or subsets

Depends on what photos you are referring to, NGC takes a low resolution slab photo of each coin.   This can be viewed if you go to the cert verification page as @Sandon already posted.   If you are talking about the internet images or the Photo Vision Plus photos that you pay extra for when you submit your coins, you should have received an email with instructions on how to download them to your computer or device.   You are only given a 30 day window (or at least that was the case the last time I ordered Photo Vision photos myself) to downloads those photos.   After that 30 day time the photos are wiped off the server and you will not be able to access them.

Btw, noticed your shirt, Go Devils, forks up!

Are PCGS coins photographed ? If so how can you find the photo of your coin? I would think a photo of the coin already exists instead of making a new photo of it. Or do they only photograph certain dollar amount coins? Like a coin over a certain amount that is worth.  

On 1/27/2024 at 6:41 PM, edhalbrook said:

Are PCGS coins photographed ? If so how can you find the photo of your coin? I would think a photo of the coin already exists instead of making a new photo of it. Or do they only photograph certain dollar amount coins? Like a coin over a certain amount that is worth.  

It depends, early on PCGS didn't do photos, so coins in the early holders like rattlers and OGH holders have no photos that can looked up or seen when you do a cert lookup.  Later on some high resolution photos were taken as requested and paid for.  Those photos are added to the database and can be seen by anyone that does a cert verification  on the PCGS site.  More recently PCGS began to take high resolution photos of every coin (around 2016 or so I think) as part of the gold shield submission tier.  Again these photos can be seen by anyone that does a cert lookup on the PCGS website.

NGC also didn't offer photo services in the early days.  The Photo Vision option is a recent option, and in my experience the photos can range from terrible to very nice.

Edited by Coinbuf