• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1983 altered silver colored penny
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I saw on here a topic about this penny, and for some reason it takes me to 1 million other topics. Suggesting that it was stripped of its copper or some thing. Well I’ve had this for five years or so it weighs 2.6 g total double die obverse. I don’t know what it is but that’s just dirt around the edge. Nothing to detect what’s below the silver color or zinc whatever but it’s 2.6 and a double die so it was Solis. I don’t understand the way and a decent grade. I wanted the person who posted the original to Nomo. There’s somebody else with one whatever it is.

IMG_0223.jpeg

I can't say much about this cent from the photo provided. Clear, cropped photos of both sides of the coin would be needed to try to give an opinion or assessment of the coin in question. For sure none of us here would even be able to venture to say if it is a DDO from the photo without being able to see the both sides of the coin to try to identify any die markers either present or not present and much closer photos, possibly with some closeups of the lettering of the coin in addition to the photos of both sides.

It looks like it was plated at one time and the plating is wearing off. Without clear    
cropped photos, it is hard to say for sure. Impossible to tell if it is a DD.