• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1891 Morgan silver dollar is it valuable
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Your 1891 Morgan dollar, a relatively common date, appears to be in About Uncirculated (AU-50-55) condition, with retail list values of approximately $50-$60.  A dealer might pay $25-$35 for it.  You should obtain an appropriate hard plastic holder or capsule or "Mylar" (not vinyl) flip to store and protect it.

Any coin with three obverses and only one reverse is valuable.... Especially if all are from fuzzy dies. :)

Seriously, Sandon provided good value information.

On 1/13/2024 at 11:05 AM, Ollie3677 said:

1891 Morgan is it valuable

To verify what Sandon was saying about the value see the NGC Price Guide for these coins since you now know a rough grade, which is really the tricky part and takes some time to get a handle on ... https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/united-states/dollars/49/

I would say with the amount of wear on the high points of the hair, cotton bolls, and leaves on the obverse, and the eagles breast feathers and wreath on the reverse, this coin would grade as XF. It also has some unattractive spots on the reverse, a rim ding on the obverse and may also have been previously cleaned and is retoning. With its impairments, I would say this coin would value between $30-40 as it is not even a semi key date in the series.

On 1/13/2024 at 1:17 PM, powermad5000 said:

I would say with the amount of wear on the high points of the hair, cotton bolls, and leaves on the obverse, and the eagles breast feathers and wreath on the reverse, this coin would grade as XF. It also has some unattractive spots on the reverse, a rim ding on the obverse and may also have been previously cleaned and is retoning. With its impairments, I would say this coin would value between $30-40 as it is not even a semi key date in the series.

Yup