• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold 2022 National Purple Heart
2 2

13 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2024 at 3:39 PM, Errorists said:

it should grade high since it has a low mintage

Huh? The two are not related.

The coin is uncirculated....just like all of them.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:17 PM, Errorists said:

MS?

On 1/12/2024 at 6:17 PM, Errorists said:

MS?

Your average five-dollar gold coin is not ordinarily subject to wear and tear since they were not minted for circulation, hence, they are uncirculated. The grade can only be bestowed by a grader.  I would urge you to return it to its OGH.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:03 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Your average five-dollar gold coin is not ordinarily subject to wear and tear since they were not minted for circulation, hence, they are uncirculated. The grade can only be bestowed by a grader.  I would urge you to return it to its OGH.

I wish it had a die crack.

Such an important medal and such an ugly coin.

(My Dad came home from WW-II with many medals including a silver star. But he said the one he never received and valued the most was the Purple Heart. I felt the most important award was his safe return.)

On 1/12/2024 at 6:43 PM, RWB said:

Such an important medal and such an ugly coin.

(My Dad came home from WW-II with many medals including a silver star. But he said the one he never received and valued the most was the Purple Heart. I felt the most important award was his safe return.)

I think the coin depicts great sacrifice which makes it a beautiful coin.

On 1/12/2024 at 8:04 PM, Errorists said:

I think the coin depicts great sacrifice which makes it a beautiful coin.

The design, if we can call it that, is cluttered, unfocused and a general mess. The medal/award is significant, but the presentation on this coin is a travesty.

On 1/13/2024 at 9:37 AM, RWB said:

The design, if we can call it that, is cluttered, unfocused and a general mess. The medal/award is significant, but the presentation on this coin is a travesty.

I think the coin has great merit.

On 1/12/2024 at 7:08 PM, Errorists said:

I wish it had a die crack.

It does... in an unpredecedented straight horizontal line across the coin's reverse.

A-a-a-nd, if anyone should have the audacity to challenge your claim, you can dazzle them with your command of numismystique by confidently pointing out yours is a gold die crack, recognized by the hobby as a Type Two which, unlike silver, exhibits a distinct bas-relief effect. Silver or Type One die cracks, Mint State or Proof, exhibit a completely opposite alto relievo effect.

Almost had you there didn't I?  🤣

On 1/13/2024 at 4:59 PM, Henri Charriere said:

It does... in an unpredecedented straight horizontal line across the coin's reverse.

A-a-a-nd, if anyone should have the audacity to challenge your claim, you can dazzle them with your command of numismystique by confidently pointing out yours is a gold die crack, recognized by the hobby as a Type Two which, unlike silver, exhibits a distinct bas-relief effect. Silver or Type One die cracks, Mint State or Proof, exhibit a completely opposite alto relievo effect.

Almost had you there didn't I?  🤣

2 of them.