• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nickel Find Yesterday 1957 w/ stairs
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I found a 1957 Nickel yesterday at work. It actually has stairs! I work in grocery store and I am getting my front end manager / Book keeper looking for coins for me. I gave her somewhat easy things to look for for me. 1940's 1950's nickels. W Quarters and silver. She has gotten me a few silver dimes so far. It's not a perfect nickel but the best I have seen in the wild. I can't make out if that is a mint mark. 1957? 1957d? You can't even find a nickel from the 70's and 80's with stairs. She also got me a 55d but it was in rough shape. 

DSC02157.png

DSC02159.png

PICT0038.jpg

That's a nice looking nickel for its age. Nice find there!  (thumbsu

I would say a nickel still in that condition if it were a D would have a very clear mintmark. It looks like there may be a small die chip in the spot where a mintmark would be.

My first job was in a grocery store and after half a year I got promoted to cashier. I got all kinds of things from people that never made it into my till. I always kept change and bills on me so I could buy anything out of my drawer that I wanted. My managers did not care what I was doing as long as my drawer balanced every night. I got tons of Silver Certificates, one $2 Red Seal note, a bunch of silver Kennedy halves, some silver dimes, and lots of silver quarters. I did get some older nickels but most of them were not worth keeping.