• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multi-Coin Holder for 4, 5 or 6 Coins
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Posted this on the "Ask NGC/NCS" Topic, but I think it belongs here?? I have four (4) 2021 Law Enforcement Commemorative coins from the US Mint id like to grade in a 4 coin holder:  Proof Silver Dollar, Uncirculated Silver Dollar, Proof Clad half Dollar and Uncirculated Clad Half Dollar. Do these coins qualify for the 4 coin holder, if so is there a special way to submit  them? Thank you in advance.....new to this.

Welcome to the NGC chat board. 

As I expect that NGC will confirm, multi-coin holders are "only available for select bulk submissions of certain coin types." See NGC Coin Holders | Holders for Coin Protection | NGC. You can't send in a single set of coins for grading and encapsulation in such a holder, assuming that they have one that would fit this particular set.

Welcome to the chat board! Here are a couple of ideas for storing and displaying your medals. The tray will hold regular slabs for display. Just purchase the correct size slabs and insert them into the tray.

the second is a neat storage/display box.

both are inexpensive and available on Amazon

IMG_8048.jpeg

IMG_8049.jpeg

On 12/27/2023 at 6:55 PM, Sandon said:

As I expect that NGC will confirm, multi-coin holders are "only available for select bulk submissions of certain coin types." See NGC Coin Holders | Holders for Coin Protection | NGC. You can't send in a single set of coins for grading and encapsulation in such a holder, assuming that they have one that would fit this particular set.

You will also pay-through-the-nose and expose all four coins to possible contamination by doing this --- and you will gain nothing but a pretty holder. Consider other options such as Mr.Bill347 suggests.

I would contact NGC and ask if you can submit them in the Mint packaging they already reside in and request if they will grade them in the packaging like they do for the individual coins in a proof set and they apply a large label with individual numbers and grades for each coin.

On 12/28/2023 at 3:50 PM, powermad5000 said:

I would contact NGC and ask if you can submit them in the Mint packaging they already reside in and request if they will grade them in the packaging like they do for the individual coins in a proof set and they apply a large label with individual numbers and grades for each coin.

NGC says, in WRITING, that these are only available to bulk submitters. Why are we doubting this? Is it the “but I really want it” plea?

Unless I am not understanding the OP's question @VKurtB, I am reading this as the OP has four coins already in some sort of Mint packaging, and the request is to submit them and remove them from said such Mint packaging and place them into NGC packaging. Am I reading this wrong?

On 12/28/2023 at 4:15 PM, powermad5000 said:

Unless I am not understanding the OP's question @VKurtB, I am reading this as the OP has four coins already in some sort of Mint packaging, and the request is to submit them and remove them from said such Mint packaging and place them into NGC packaging. Am I reading this wrong?

He wants a multi-coin holder in my estimation.