• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Internet Imaging
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I’m preparing to submit coins to NGC for the first time, and I’m confused about the $5 option for internet imaging. I read that 100% of NGC coins are photographed and this is an advantage of NGC over PCGS. Is this correct? If so, then what does paying the extra $5 get me? Are the images higher quality than the default imaging?

Or is the $5 imaging service only meant for older, already-slabbed coins that didn’t have an image of them taken back in the day?

I just want to make sure that if I don’t choose any imaging option that there will be “default images” of the coins that appear on their registry pages.

Thank you. 

• Administrator

Hello @EhPlusCoins,

Thank you for reaching out. Imaging services offer the opportunity to receive high-resolution image files for use online and in printed material. The $5.00 per coin Internet Imaging service provides images of the obverse and reverse of the coin, shown encapsulated in its NGC holder. The $8.00 per coin PhotoVision Plus service provides high-resolution JPG images of the obverse and reverse and a side-by-side JPG with the NGC logo and NGC submission number. All coins are imaged as a courtesy and these images are uploaded to the NGC certification verification webpage, but the submitter is not provided with these image files.   

Whichever service is chosen, NGC imaging can provide a way to display coins in your registry collections or the marketplace and can provide a visual record of your collection for security/insurance purposes. You can read more and see examples here: https://www.ngccoin.com/specialty-services/imaging/

If you have any other questions, please let us know.   

Hello! I don't find any information online what's the actual photo resolution difference today for the internet imaging pictures versus the regular free pictures that will be done anyway! Can somebody please clarify that? 

• Administrator

Hello!

Per my team, the resolution will be the same however the regular free pictures won’t be post-processed at all.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you!

On 2/12/2024 at 2:02 PM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello!

Per my team, the resolution will be the same however the regular free pictures won’t be post-processed at all.

Could you elaborate on what post-processing means please?  Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello @Dan DJ, post-processing just means retouching up the photos. Examples of this would be cropping, adjusting brightness, and contrast. Making little touch-ups that will ensure the coin is presented in the best tone and light.