• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake NGC Slabs
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I came across this fake NGC slab on Temu for a 1880 (P) Morgan, advertised as "Commemorative" 1880-O MS68 "Replica".  Looks like there are quite a few fake NGC slabs on this site, that do not say "replica" or "copy" on the label or coin, that I think someone at NGC should be made aware of, but I'm not sure who that would be.

Temu Fake NGC Slabs

1880 (P) $1 TEMU Ad.jpg

On 12/24/2023 at 6:23 PM, Sandon said:

However, if this website is based overseas, there may not be much that NGC can do about it. 

I sent the info.  Looks like another Chineese AliBaba or AliExpress site, but at least I let someone know I saw that.

On 12/24/2023 at 6:14 PM, EagleRJO said:

I sent the info.  Looks like another Chineese AliBaba or AliExpress site, but at least I let someone know I saw that.

Temu might be the worst of all. 

The coin is obviously a fake, and the government should definitely take action, but the holder doesn't actually say "NGC," and the insert is a different style, so I doubt there is anything that can be done about the holder being fake. 

Edited by Just Bob

I bet NGC can protect a close likeness to thier slabs even without the logo, but I have a feeling they are overseas.

Still really burns my butt seeing stuff like that so at least I let someone at NGC know what I saw, and posting it here might help raise awareness a little.