• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interactive Map/Image For Tokens
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I was thinking of creating an interactive/informative map for the tokens I collect, I've been messing around a bit with Google Maps and Genially this morning, Genially is ok, but I was wondering if anyone has done something similar and what they used to create it? Basically I want to generate an interactive map and place pins where businesses were that used tokens and have text and images available when clicked, right now I'm testing on a county level but may want to break it down further so that the first layer is the county map, you click on a city pin which brings you down to a city map where more pins are placed on the businesses and you click on the business pins and images of the tokens and maybe businesses themselves pop up along with text. Something like that. Any help is appreciated. (thumbsu

Here is Google Maps, it's a little easier to work with but I had to use their maps which I don't want to do.

image.thumb.png.e81aeff9696332cf0f046dd1b7eece34.png

Here is the Genially map, I was able to upload an image of an 1873 plat map to use which is more along the lines of how I want it to look.  https://view.genial.ly/65871cb678f80a001516dbaa/interactive-image-tokens-of-allegan-county-michigan 

image.thumb.png.7e217a594f8de85e2b48b3d1b0791012.png

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

On 12/24/2023 at 3:25 PM, Just Bob said:

What a great idea! 

I think it will be pretty neat if I can figure out how to do what I have bouncing around in my head. I also suspect that I can embed the map onto the collectors society webpage in a custom set, which would be amazing if I can pull it off. 

Right now I'm trying to go the free route but I may end up having to pay for a one month's subscription to a website or pony up for some software, which wouldn't be to bad as long as we're not talking crazy $'s for what I want to do. Still reaching out to a few people I know to see if anything else is available, thought I'd give it a try here to see if anyone had some experience with this type of thing but I figured I'd strikeout. No worries. Maybe it'll give others some ideas at the very least. (thumbsu