• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 s penny
1 1

4 posts in this topic

There is nothing special about your coin. It is a normal (damaged/impaired) 1982 S Lincoln Proof Cameo Cent. The coin is significantly marked which is extremely detrimental to a proof coin. This proof is so severely damaged that it has only face value of 1c. The coin is junk.

Edited by Mike Meenderink

This 1982-S Lincoln cent, like all other "S" mint cents since 1975, is a proof striking with mirrorlike fields and frosted devices issued in a proof set sold directly by the U.S. mint to collectors. It has developed some hazy toning and, unfortunately, appears to have been scratched, which makes it undesirable to collectors.  I see nothing unusual about the letters in "ONE CENT". 

As I see you have posted many coins, I will keep my responses brief and to the point. This proof cent was very poorly stored and has numerous small scratches as well as one large scratch on the obverse. Proof coins were meant to be stored to prevent any damage to the mirrored fields on them as well as damage anywhere on the coin. This coin has no collector value as there are literally thousands of these high mintage proofs in perfect condition.

I do not see anything out of the ordinary on the lettering.

Edited by powermad5000