• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mint error, tarnish from outdoor elements,sitting in acetone for too long all 3 ? 1991 off color penny
1 1

12 posts in this topic

These are my comments from another one of your earlier posts ...

Ebay and YT (except vids from like ANA, NGC or PCGS) are horrible places to learn about coins as evidenced by the coins posted so far and descriptions.  I recommend you start over from scratch beginning with the following topics, and also spend some time on Error-Ref.com if you are interested in error coins and then post more coins with questions.

https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/428817-resources-for-new-collectors/

https://boards.ngccoin.com/topic/430263-basic-resources-glossary/

So what did you find on Error-Ref.com which might indicate this could be a mint error?

Edited by EagleRJO

sorry i thought this was a newbie question site not grill the uninformed i leave the rest of this blank please feel free to fill in the rest you probably know what i am thinking i wouldn't mind coming through your computer screen right now hehehehe

whether you think you are funny or not

Wasn't intended as a slam the newbie post, and this is the newbie sub-forum, but honest questions or comments about previous advice already given to you.  It does get frustrating when it seems previous advice given is completely ignored.

Edited by EagleRJO

On 12/8/2023 at 3:19 PM, jimbean802 said:

i don't have any real money

If you can't afford such basic numismatic references as a "Redbook" and a print grading guide, please use the free reliable online resources to which we have referred you.

If you can only afford to collect coins from change, you would do better to save uncirculated coins that you receive at the bank or from cashiers that have just come from rolls of new coins. They will make for a much more appealing collection than the worn and corroded or damaged pieces you have been showing us, may ultimately have some value, and will be preserved for future generations of collectors. 

Significant mint errors are hardly ever found in circulation, and without having basic knowledge about U.S. coins (types, dates and mintmarks and major varieties, grading, and the minting process), it is difficult to know what to even look for or to understand our explanations.  If you aren't willing to take the time and make the effort to learn, we can't help you.

On 12/8/2023 at 5:14 PM, jimbean802 said:

sorry i wont be back [thank] you for every thing  i don't like [...] supporters ... i don't measure up to your [...] standards

So that is how you react to honest comments about advice being completely ignored.  And if someone completely ignored your advice, and ended up being completely wrong again because they ignored that advice, you wouldn't get frustrated or react to being completely ignored and comment on that?  Yea sure, keep telling yourself that.

Another one for the "ignore list".so you wont be getting any further help from me, and likely others too.  And very derogatory remarks concerning Hitler are not called for and have been reported to the forum @Administrator [and subsequently scrubbed]

On 12/8/2023 at 5:27 PM, Sandon said:

If you can't afford such basic numismatic references as a "Redbook" and a print grading guide, please use the free reliable online resources to which we have referred you.

Or they could go to this big building with a lot of books in it called a "library" which usually has or can get copies of those basic books to borrow.

Humor - Library Sign.jpg

Edited by EagleRJO

Hitler? Trump? What the … ? I was born 32 days after Albert Einstein died. My working theory was always that I was born to fill his niche.