• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to this coin? Can you recognize what is or is not damage done to coins? Mint error or Post mint damage? #5 (Beginner)
1 1

What happened to this coin? Is it damaged or a mint error? Take the poll!   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Take the poll below.

• Mint error clipped planchet.
    • Post mint damage caused by exposure to high temperatures.
    • Post mint damage tooled, punched, plugged.
    • Post mint damage bent, deformed, twisted
    • Mint error broad struck out of collar.

11 posts in this topic

Look at the coin below carefully. Determine the condition of the coin. Is it a post mint damaged coin or is it a mint error coin? Make your best assessment and then vote in the poll above. You may explain your answer in the post below. I will reveal the answer after 15 people have voted. Goodluck!

1994 damaged nickel.JPG

Edited by Mike Meenderink

I have cast my vote but bear in mind, I am a rank amateur who learns, not by hands-on experience, but my listening to what other more influential, highly-regarded members have to say.

On 12/3/2023 at 3:22 PM, Henri Charriere said:

I have cast my vote but bear in mind, I am a rank amateur who learns, not by hands-on experience, but my listening to what other more influential, highly-regarded members have to say.

You sir should be proud of your choice as it appeals to the "Great One" as well.

Edited by Mike Meenderink