• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Congratulations to member rrantique on his 10.000th post!
1 1

11 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2023 at 8:15 PM, RWB said:

Nice! Now you owe all of us a set of authentic Morgan dollars.

Yes, like the ones I saw advertised last night at 4 AM...."Only 340,000 minted, not millions.....with only several thousand in the valuable Mint State, your About Uncirculateds are the next best thing.....here you can see being offered for sale for $3,000 on Ebay.....yours here for only 2 payments of $199.99.  Limit 10 per household.  Order now, operators are STANDING* by."

*This is total BS...everybody knows they are not standing by, they are sitting down. (thumbsu

On 12/2/2023 at 8:21 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

*This is total BS...everybody knows they are not standing by, they are sitting down. (thumbsu

Actually, silver [and gold] have been climbing.  🤣

My take on "stand by" is in the wake of all the quick sell-outs experiences by collectors elsewhere, there is no waiting. Operators are available to take your calls for orders immediately.  It's merely a way to indicate their telephone operators are ready when you're ready. a  typical advertising ploy. Strict limits, in this case, 10 per household, are one of the tools in their arsenal to get you to avoid procrastinating, and act quickly.

I have always wondered how strictly these arbitrary limits are enforced.

Edited by Henri Charriere
Die-polishing: switching words.